Monday, June 7, 2010

Genesis

Apart from Panavision, Vistavision etc at the movie theatres back in 1950s, I guess it was the Surround Theatre at DisneyLand I saw in 1982 that really blew my mind about 360 deg presentation.

In 1998 I bought one of the first digital cameras, a Kodak 240, and in 2000 I bought Panorama 2000 software [actually in a box back then] from ArcSoft and started to experiment with panos, albeit not even to the extent of 180 deg.

In 2008 I upgraded to a new Kodak ZD710 and to ArcSoft Panorama Maker 4 [PM4], and now able to make fully seamless panos, even at 360 deg

So I am talking of a fairly small investment of about $300 for a camera and $50 for software and a few tips on how to combine the two. I am sort of aware of very expensive "pano head cameras" that apparently take one exposure at 360 deg, and I think I have Googled to some of these images, but these tips are confined to the low budget "non geek" who simply wants to make neat panos.

No comments:

Post a Comment